July 8, 2020
Residents, Families and Partners,
At The Citadel Senior Living, we’re committed to keeping you up-to-date and informed, especially during the turbulent times caused by COVID-19.
As I am sure many of you are aware, Arizona is experiencing a significant increase in the reported positive COVID cases. We’re writing to inform you that we have just learned that one of our employees has been diagnosed with COVID-19. This employee works exclusively in our isolated memory care unit and has closely followed required infection control measures, including wearing a mask and frequent hand sanitation. The employee has not been present in our community for the last 10 days while going through the testing process.
To date, we have seen no other signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in any of our residents or other employees.
We continue to practice the measures that were put in place to mitigate or prevent the spread of the virus outlined in our previous communication back in March. These include, but are not limited to:
- Staying up-to-date and implementing local health department and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance;
- Following recommended infection control measures, including more frequent hand hygiene, more frequent environmental cleaning, and use of personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Staff are, and ask family to also engage in, encouraging residents to practice more frequent hand hygiene, wear masks when outside of their rooms (community can provide masks if residents do not have their own) and practice good social distancing;
- Visitation remains restricted to essential external healthcare providers or compassionate end-of-life visitation;
- All staff and essential visitors continue to be assessed and screened upon entry into the building;
- Communal dining will not resume and meals will continue to be delivered to residents;
- External community activities and internal group activities have not resumed; and
- Any new residents or residents leaving the Citadel campus for treatment at an external healthcare provider for any reason will be required to be quarantined upon his/her arrival or return.
We will continue to assess all residents for any signs and symptoms of the COVID-virus and will notify resident physicians and responsible parties on any changes of condition, whether COVID related or not.
While we share the community’s great concern about this pandemic and the rising cases in Arizona, as a result of our efforts, we feel confident in our ability to provide uninterrupted care in a way that will minimize exposure to others. We hope that you will use us as a resource to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We will provide you updates as things change in the community. As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns.